On this Midge, as you can see, the bulk of the bodywork has been done by somebody else, and to quite a high standard. Note the curve to the front bulkhead, I'm glad I didn't have to work that one out. There's a lot to do, but it's easier than starting from scratch. I started to think about what I wanted to change and what I'd keep,
The first thing I did was to lift the body off, to find out what had been done so far. (It would be a pity to build it up and find the body wasn't attached to the chassis properly). For a while it took up much more room, as the body hung from the garage's roof, I'm glad I over-engineered the joists.
The wheels were Escort 13", I've changed them to the 15" from a Hillman Minx. The front and back cycle type mudguards will need replacing with larger and wider for clearance, but the ones I bought first are rather too big.
So far the plan is not to have windscreen, doors or roof, to change the radiator grille from 30's style to something more angular and make up a Tonneau. But all that may change, racing screens, though undoubtedly cool, can also be plain cold in Scotland.